Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Ahmed Kamal wrote:
To anyone wanting to kill X when it hangs, why not login through a VC and "pkill X" .. Just like any process, why do we have to have magic keys!

Because not everyone logs in or is logged in that way. And when you're in a datacenter dealing with hundreds of machines you don't have time to be fiddling around with alternate mechanisms. You need to be able to count on the behaviors of controlling the X server that have been there for decades and as I said have become part of your DNA.

Regards,
Gerry