Re: radeontool.... why?

jojojo and I didn't worry about space but I think is not ok, that I want to uninstall something with only 12k and 3 iNodes and I also  have to unisntall allmost all the important packages on my system, I do not know how this thing is implemented(and I do not care) but in my opinión is wrong even if all is  just 12k or if it's 1 GB. I have to leave it that way 'cause I have no other choice :P maybe use Windows but i think is forbidden in the ten commandments and I'm not a sinner
Anyway thanks

Atentamente Oscar:

2009/3/23 Adam Jackson <ajax@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 00:26 -0600, Oscar wrote:
> I was looking for unnecesary packages installed at my laptop and I
> found a package called radeontool and its  description says:
>

> Radeontool may switch the backlight and external video output on and
> off.  Use radeontool at your own risk, it may damage your hardware.

I've fixed the package description to sound less alarming.

> So, I thought this is an unnecesary package because I'm using an
> nVidia Card, and even with a  radeon card I wouldn't use it 'cause it
> says that can damage my hardware, so I proceeded to uninstall it and
> PackageKit resolved this packages as radeontool dependent

It's all of 12k and three inodes on disk.  Don't worry about it.

- ajax