Re: F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jud Craft" <craftjml@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Development discussions related to Fedora" <fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

Unless he made extra copies of the Fedora install DVDs (and why would
he?  that defeats the point of a minimal image) he has *no other
install media*.  It's game over for him.

Well, it seems that since F9 most network problems can be solved by

sudo service NetworkManager stop

Of course, you have to know this, and it isn't QUITE that simple.

I'm still not convinced NetworkManager is ready for prime time. Even with F11 alpha I have to do some fiddling around. I think F10 alpha actually worked out of the box, but that was apparently an abberation. Hasn't worked since without some help.

--McD