Re: Password Reset

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Colin Walters wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Two months of notice means you'll be asked to reset your password every 4
> > months if you stay on top of things.  Is that acceptable?
>
> If the actual goal of the reset is to close off inactive accounts, we
> are restarting the 4 month timer when e.g. doing CVS commits
> hopefully?

We've talked about that type of thing.  It's more of a "wouldn't it be
nice".  The problem is we've got thousands of contributors, relatively few
of them actually commit to cvs.  So we could go around to figure out how
to make all of our various auth points report back but that's a lot of
work.  The account system is the only common point of entry for every
contributor.

	-Mike