Re: The Fedora Hardware Project - Update

Scott Sloan wrote:

That wouldn't help the people who couldn't install...

True it wouldn't. But don't you usually check if the majority of your
hardware is supported before you try a new OS? I'm guessing you are

No. Most people just try to install, and insult the OS if they have any trouble.

talking about people who are new to Linux. People who have used it
before will know "oh my sound card works, but last time I had to mess
this or that file to get the game port work" Your right though, it
wouldn't help those who blindly did an install. But I hope that most
people do their research... if so this is a tool for them.

Hahahaha.

We have to remember that tech savvy people are a *very* low percentage of the global population. And the same for people with "common sense". I'll leave it to others to say which has a larger population.

Mike