fedora-devel-announce for ABI/API/soname breakage announcements (was: Re: Plans for tomorrow's (20090306) FESCo meeting)

On 05.03.2009 21:44, Jon Stanley wrote:

57	Make stronger policy/guideline that ABI/API/soname breakage should
always be announced fedora-devel-announce (not f-d-l)

Why not simply mail f-d-l as well as all the maintainers of packages that are affected (and not fedora-devel-announce!)? A simple command line script is able to do that in case MTA's like sendmail or postfix are properly configured. That script likely could write a comma separated list that people can cut-n-paste to Thunderbird, Kmail and other MUA's if needed.

Reason: I for one slowly start to get annoyed by the slowly increasing traffic on fedora-devel-announce that clutters my inbox. Thus I started to consider to move mails from that list into some IMAP folder automatically, and that is exactly what we didn't want people to do when fedora-devel-announce was created. I think we said something like "less then 10 mails a month" back when we created it, but I could not find that on a quick google search :-/

CU
thl

P.S.: I on purpose comment here on the list and not in the ticket where this comment would be hidden by most of those that will be are affected by the change.