Re: Mass build failure, font sub-package issue

Roy Rankin wrote:
> I gave the font sub-package its own version so code changes would not
> require installing a new font package, and this "protects" the version
> number from rpmdev-bumpspec. However, It looks like doing this is not
> consistent with the Fedora build system.

That's a nice idea, but in practice it doesn't and shouldn't work, so...

> Is there a way to achieve what I want that will work?

... no, sorry. Each build needs to give a new EVR to every subpackage.

The case of this mass rebuild is actually one of the reasons: ALL the
packages need to be rebuilt, and thus get a new EVR, even font packages
(because the RPM format changed to use new checksums).

        Kevin Kofler