Re: Fedora 11 Release Notes Update

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Niemueller" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Development discussions related to Fedora" <fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:12 AM
Subject: Re: Fedora 11 Release Notes Update

In short I'd like the first page to be a very rough overview of the
top-five or so new features and most noticeable changes (before any TOC,
abstract, legal notice), short, precise, and to the point.

Would be nice, but ...

Fedora has a lot of different audiences. A huge feature to one audience is a non-event to another. The release summary on the wiki tries to get at the big hitters, but those are big hitters in one person's opinion. In releases like the upcoming one, even the release notes themselves are hard to triage. There are a huge number of changes, so many that even the "important" changes will likely make the release notes too long. We almost need seperate announcements for each audience.

--McD