Re: Request for feedback and/or participation on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PowerManagement

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 06:52 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
What makes you think this? These days, probably most home users will own at least one USB printer, many will also own usb scanners.

They may own them, but are they attached always?
Very likely not all of them, but likely a nice subset of them. Depends on the use-case (esp. personal vs. shared) and on personal habits.

When regarding my setup: I have one of these USB multi-device printer/scanner/copierer gadgets physically attached to the same machine (my personal desktop) all the time, however, but it's not powered on all the time :)

 What about the mass
migration over to network printers, or network print adapters for
existing printers?
Agreed, things are about to change, but this is an ongoing developing and is still far from having settled.

Anyway, how about those folks who are using Linux/Fedora as printer/scanner-servers (may-be even combined with FAX/FAX-servers)?

Sadly this is probably one case that can't easily be measured one way or
the other.
Yep, it's a matter of personal habits and of personal use-case.

That said, I think, this all needs to be handled dynamically. If this can't be achieved, it need to remain "user customizable".

Ralf