Re: Jakub's Recommendations for ia32 Support

Pekka Pietikainen wrote:
Just a note, I believe that the ia32 support should "concentrate" on netbooks (So Intel Atom), those are the only new things on the market that can't run x86_64, and the userbase of those will just grow and every percent of extra performance will make many people happy.

This is a silly notion. Atom requires code to be built entirely differently from all modern processors in order to get maximum performance. Code must be optimized for in-line performance. Atom target support hasn't even hit gcc-4.4 yet.

When it does though, I think a mini-repo of atom optimized core libraries might make a difference for Atom users.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx