Re: Lack of update information

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Is rpm still this other-worldly tool which we're not allowed to
change, even for blindingly obvious stuff like needing an identical
%clean section in every RPM in the world?

Anyway, _if_ we are allowed to change rpm, then we could have

  %doc(changelog) ChangeLog

which would be the upstream changelog, and other tools could pull this
out and display it to end users to their hearts' content.

And it would involve only minimal extra effort for packagers.

rpm.org is pretty active now and still focused on bug fixes and solving common issues like these, primarily. If you have RFE's please file them at http://rpm.org trac.

Rahul