Re: Restart anacron on hibernate/resume

Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
Hi all,

Below is a message I sent to the fedora-list a while ago. I didn't
really get that many answers, so I'd like to discuss the issue on this
list too.

The main point here is: does Fedora restart anacron after a
suspend/hibernate and resume cycle (probably not) and should it?

As you may know, Ubuntu 8.04.2 was recently released and they have
apparently fixed a similar issue. In <http://lwn.net/Articles/316224/>
it says "Stop/start anacron on suspend/resume and on power-cycle
(#249220)".

Ville-Pekka Vainio

Hello,
I was testing for some time changes in crontabs/anacron, which should fix running daily jobs after hibernation and running daily jobs only once per day. I didn't use pm-utils hacks like Ubuntu to make anacron work because this hack didn't solve 'don't run daily jobs twice' problem. Anacron is now checking every hour daily jobs whether they ran or not and execute them only once per day. I put this changes into rawhide, I'll be glad if you can test it.
Regards,
--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno