Re: git-* commands in /usr/libexec/git-core/

Adam Tkac wrote:
Hi all,

git-* binaries have been moved to /usr/libexec/git-core directory in
the latest git build in F11 branch. Changelog says "Install git-*
commands in %{_libexecdir}/git-core, the upstream default".

Unfortunately this change break many scripts which are using git-*
commands. In my opinion binaries should be moved back to /usr/bin or
/usr/libexec/git-core should be added to PATH by default, shouldn't it?

I guess it depends how much we care about being close to upstream for this. If it's worth the effort to move these to libexec, then perhaps putting compatibility symlinks in place for a couple of releases (with a clear relnote that they will be removed in a future release and scripts need updating) could be a way to handle the transition?

I think putting /usr/libexec/git-core in PATH would be a bad idea.

Regards,
Bryn.