Re: proposal for fedora11 feature ReviewOMatic

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: proposal for fedora11 feature ReviewOMatic
From: Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/05/2009 03:16 PM

These issues arise when we get to the point of running Review-O-Matic
or RoM over the entire review queue, or over the entire repository to
check for deviations from the guidelines. If we just look at the
usecase of a reviewer using RoM to take care of the monotonous parts
of a review, or a packager using it to sanity check his submission,
most of these issues don't arise and it is still useful.

Since these are not "official" packages yet, do they need to be built on koji?

Yes, a new system involves additional hardware (even if in a VM), and replication to insure the build environment matches koji, but it would alleviate a lot of the issues brought up.