Re: Dia does not work without .la files - BZ 475992

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> I thought Michael Schwendt pointed out times when plugin .la's would
> cause issues as well.  Is this chain of reasoning correct:  Plugin .la
> encodes need for library foo's .la.  foo .la is packaged in the -devel
> subpackage.  Plugins now drag in the -devel package and its dep chain.

Could be, but afaik missing .la items haven't caused runtime problems afaik (as long as symbols are otherwise resolvable), but that would change when/if rpm's automatic .la file dependencies were ever used.

So, yeah, still a good general idea (per guidelines) to avoid the hassle whenever possible.

-- Rex