Re: RFC: Description text in packages

Bill Crawford wrote:
On Tuesday 16 December 2008 20:06:57 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

What's the fourth level? Not alt, that's used for accelerators. Not
ctrl, shift, meta, or any combination thereof, as those are for
shortcuts. That leaves... menu, and combinations thereof. If
menu+something does something special, I sure don't know about it.

You still haven't answered the education question.

It's usually "Alt Gr" or "AltGr" (alternative graphic) and that is (again, *usually*) the "right alt" key. My keyboard has it labelled that way, so it is not intended for accelerators.

I did, in fact, know that :-), and I understand that's typical of non-US keyboards. My US keyboard however has two keys labeled "Alt". Both of them do, in fact, work to activate the menu (or other accelerators).

...which is the point I was trying to make to Nicolas; when dealing with current US keyboards, there is no precedent for a compose key. That's a lot of inertia to overcome, and (to respond to Nicolas' other comment), there IS NO EDUCATION SYSTEM IN PLACE right now, that I am aware of.

I keep waiting for a proposal to fix that. I haven't heard one yet.

(Bill: I've sort of hijacked your post, sorry about that :-).)

--
Matthew
このテキストを翻訳する時間の無駄だばかばかしい