Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

They may also require /usr/bin/sendmail, e.g.:
I think for the purposes of the discussion... anything which provides
that file is something Behdad is going to rage madly against "needing"
in modern personal desktop experience default install target.
Rightly so, I think. For the 'modern personal desktop' (hope I used
the correct quotes there :-), the critical system messages deserve to
be delivered to the active (or soon to be) desktop, rather than a
passive log file.
What does that mean?  Has Linux stopped being a multiuser system?

You're sounding like a troll now.  The phrase "modern personal desktop" was
quite twice in the two-paragraph you replied to.

I have no idea what "modern personal desktop" means to you. For me, it mostly means something that can run the NX client to connect to my long-running desktop sessions on a few other machines.

Just install the server spin and be happy.  What's wrong with that?

I want desktop applications. I just don't want to be limited to one user at a time running them, or forced to be at any particular location relative to where they run, or to have to stay in one place after starting a session.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx