Re: What I'm going to do: Was: RFC: Description text in packages

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 18:56 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:

> Because people
> file bugs when
> word wrapping
> is not done
> correctly

Your point?  Our spec files have a 79 char limit on them, and anything
that tries to be smaller than that gets what it deserves.  You're taking
raw data with no defined markup, trying to apply some rules to that is
just going to run you into problems.

> People also don't use the UTF8 chars in update descriptions or spec file
> changelogs, and quite understandably, there's no bullet key on most
> keyboards. Using a * is so 1980's.

And what's wrong with the 1980s?  What added value does (I don't even
know the compose sequence for this) • have over * ?  Are you going to
tell me that somebody is going to see:
 * foo
 * Bar
 * Baz

and not comprehend that it's a list of items?  Are there really no other
issues with package management that you could be working on?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!