Re: The looming Python 3(000) monster

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

This is not a comparable scenario. The new GCC releases are identifying
bugs which always existed in your code, not changing the language. As
such once you fix the bugs, your code continues to work on old & new
GCC just fine.

It is not the exact same scenaro but we are talking about backward compatibility of languages in general. If new GCC breaks my C code or a new Python interpretor breaks my python code, it is still breaking what was working before. C specification is not breakfast reading so almost everybody just go with what a compiler like GCC supports.

Isn't a similar situation responsible for

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F10_bugs#DNS_Resolver_not_Reliable

Rahul