Re: Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
As a developer, maintainer and/or packager you normally want to see what
the tools are doing, e.g. if the compiler has received the correct
flags, is using the correct libraries etc.

Sure, but I care about that once in a great while. The rest of the time, I really have no objection to the terse output cmake generates by default. (Remember you *can* get the full output, either by 'make VERBOSE=1' or you can ask cmake to just generate verbose makefiles.)

Of course, I like my percentage progress (a LOT, in big projects) also. Maybe because I actually watch what my builds are doing as opposed to *only* inspecting the log when it finishes. Plus, I challenge you to argue that it isn't friendlier for casual end-users :-).

--
Matthew
"Adriaan has bin AWOL"