Re: orphaning gnome-volume-manager

Patrice Dumas (pertusus@xxxxxxx) said:
> > If a package's entire function has been subsumed by another package, there's
> > no point in going through an orphan cycle.
>
> There can be different packages providing the same functionality in
> fedora. The criterion is the presence of a maintainer (and passing the
> review).

Not always. For example, we have obsoletes in perl for modules that moved
into the base perl distribution. There's no reason to go through an orphan
cycle for that. Similarly, if the entirety of gnome-volume-manager is poking
interfaces that no longer exist, there's really no point to orphaning it.

Bill