Re: requires(post) on coreutils

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Casey Dahlin <cdahlin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Special cases are the enemy of all good design. We shouldn't solve a problem
> by adding one.

How could one even propose using shell script without coreutils
installed?  What are you going to do in that script?

Requires(post): coreutils strikes me as just an exercise in bloating
the dependency graph.  This mindset of putting core OS bits and random
third party applications in the same mental category of "package" and
applying the exact same rules to them is just wrong.