Re: RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 02:33:27PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
The guidelines also don't say if it should be Title Case or if the
summary should include the application name. If we come to some
guidelines (or working practices) on this email thread, I'll update the
wiki page with more details.

So, while I think packaging guidelines are good to have, I don't think
everything needs to be codified there.  It just makes a reviewer's job
harder, and writing a guideline for this is going to be fairly tedious.

It would also be a good idea to have a few "shining examples" for people
to copy when creating new packages. When we've done that, I'll start
filing bugs.

Just file bugs for packages you think are overly verbose.  Offer
alternate summaries in the bug, and a URL to your email for
rationale.

+1
-sv