Re: F11: things to check in a release tree before a release

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 03:52:15PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
Going through a variety of checks for things that could be broken in a
release tree, I decided to type up a list of the things we should be
checking for.

??? metadata matches
??? comps correct
??? file conflicts
??? normal conflicts
??? no obsoleted pkgs in tree
??? report all triggers
??? look for all postrans/pretrans things
??? unresolveable requires
??? self-provided filedeps
??? self-provided normal deps
??? old versions of pkgs left over

Some of them are not explicitly things which are broken in a release, just
things it would be wise to make sure are sane. Triggers,pretrans and
posttrans are good examples of that.

Can anyone think of any others that we should report/check for?

All files in the .treeinfo file actually exist, and that the .treeinfo
has entries for baremetal & xen kernels (xen may or may not point to
the same kernels as baremetal). We now rely on .treeinfo files for
virtualization provisioning needs, so brokenness is a show-stopper.

verifytree already does that. but yes, correct.

-sv