Re: Adobe Releases 64bit Flash Plugin for Linux

On 11/18/2008 08:52 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Dennis J.<dennisml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
The problem is that nspluginwrapper actually can make problems worse. For me
flash on it's own works perfectly fine but as soon as I wrap it I often get
the "grey box of death". In fact I used to blame the various problems I had
on flash when they were really nspluginwrappers fault.

Works perfectly fine? Or appears to work perfectly fine?  What if
flash is behaving badly and doing something...not malicious..but wrong
and potentially damaging...that nspluginwrapper stops?

I'm not saying that using nspluginwrapper is a bad idea but the current implementation doesn't work very well. How does introducing a well known problem provide a good solution to preventing a potential one?

Regards,
  Dennis