Re: F8 EOL messaging

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:
which really just means they get updates until dec 23rd b/c no one is
going to do any substantive work until after the holidays are good and
gone.

Don't say "no one". I could very well be queuing up some updates in those 2
weeks. How about Dolphin from KDE 4.1.4 (and kdelibs4, kdepimlibs and
kdebase-runtime too)? :-) Or maybe fixes for some bugs which come up to fix
before EOL? I'm ready to build stuff over the holiday period in any case,
it wouldn't be a first:

Great, so you'll release them just to annoy the sysadmins out there who now have to test and apply them when they'd normally be spending time with family and friends?

There are very few people benefited by releasing updates over the holidays. Not zero, but very few.

-sv