Re: a trivial fix makes a big change

Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
You can volunteer to maintain it.
I proposed to for a packager in FAS but I'm still waiting for the acceptance

The RPM philosophy is that installation and configuration should be separate activities.  There
good policy
yes but the rpm already ships with a config file

rpm -qf /etc/samba/smb.conf
samba-common-3.2.4-0.22.fc10.i386

Yes, and the configuration file is owned by *one* package. When multiple packages try to own the same file, very bad things happen, as evidenced by this incident:

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/18/1210257

so I ask for that file in that package to be modified to have a line like this

usershare path = /var/lib/samba/usershare

BTW: I forget that we have system-config-samba

we can put a checkbox [ ]  enable nautilus-share

That's exactly how we should do it.

-- Chris