(fwd) Perl/mod_perl test update

The perl update includes the virtual provides for perl modules to use
to rely on when they are built against it as discussed a couple weeks
ago.  Anyone who can give this a whirl and let me know any breakages,
I'd appreciate it; should be a fairly safe update but I want to get
5.8.3 on all supported RHL/RHEL/Fedora releases that are currently in
the 5.8.x family.

Thanks,
Chip

--- Begin Message ---
Hey folks,

A perl and mod_perl update have been placed into testing.  The goal is
to releasse perl 5.8.3 into FC1 by Friday, March 5th.  The update
should be fairly smooth, but please test against all of your weird
perl modules (and especially with anything that embeds perl itself)
and note any breakages via bugzilla.  All perl modules and apps that
embed perl should work properly.  Apps known to embed perl that ship
with Fedora: gaim, vim, xchat2, mod_perl (part of this update).

Thanks,
Chip

--
Chip Turner                   cturner@xxxxxxxxxx