Re: Kernel 2.6.8-1.521 breaks Cisco VPN client...

I'm using the 4.0.4.B-k9 version of the client. Downloading the latest from Cisco didn't work either...

/kbn

Denis Leroy wrote:

Maybe i'm using a different version of vpnclient ? :

rpm -qf /usr/sbin/vpnclient

vpnclient-4.0.4.A_k9-0.fdr.1

--- "Kim B. Nielsen" <kbn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's oddd...

I've experienced my behaviour on two different laptops now. For some reasen, the wireless has worked perfectly in both cases, but not the
wire...
The laptops are from two different manufacturers (Dell and IBM) So somehow I don't think it's a unique problem related to one specific laptop or network card.

/kbn

Denis Leroy wrote:

I'm also using the Cisco VPN client here at Sun, to connect my

laptop
from home, but I'm not having the problem, for me things are
working

correctly with the 521 kernel, at least on the wire (never quited
worked with the wireless card though). Though i mainly use ssh, dns
resolutions certainly work...

-denis

--- "Kim B. Nielsen" <kbn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just to report it, the 2.6.8-1.521 kernel breaks the Cisco VPN

client

in a very odd way.

The current network configuration og the laptop I'm using, is a
wireless network card, and an normal network card (wirefull).

The funny thing is, that when i start the client on the wireless interface, everything is fine, and everything works as it's

supposed

to. If i then shifts to the wire, UDP packages suddently isn't comming throug, but tcp connections work fine. That is, no name server resolution, but I'm able to ping and access sites with the ip.

I know that the vpn client is Cisco's responsibility, but I thought

would mention it to you, in case that it points to something gone

bad

in the kernel. I have tried to do the same exercises with the -358
kernel that ships with Fedora, and everything works in this kernel.

I hope this is of some use (And that a fix can be made :)

Regards
/kbn

----
Ouuh... Everybody here has a six-pack, but all I've got is a keg...
-Homer Simpson

"UNIX is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends
are."
 --Unknown