Re: gqview removed from rawhide

Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:

fre, 13.08.2004 kl. 05.59 skrev Jim Cornette:

Christopher Aillon wrote:

Just a note that gqview just got removed from rawhide. It has the

Out of curiosity, what made this program and others fall by the wayside? Are there usage reports gathered somewhere regarding what programs are favored by users? Do people just get tired of maintaining one, then push users to a lesser program? (Mutt vs. Pine or similar changes)

Jim

While I don't fully get it myself, there's this:

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/desktop/defaults.html

Thanks for the link.

Out of ideas tossed around about gthumb, aog and gqview. I think that combining the most rational features and the most used features to create a better browser sounds like the best idea.
Gthumb does take a long time for thumbnail generation. I remember using gqview with thumnail generation in the right pane and it did not seem like it consumed very much time.

Jim

--
"Microsoft is the epitome of innovation and product quality."

-- This testimonial paid for by Microsoft.