Re: REQUEST: Network Interface Failover and multi-DNS resolution

Jesse Keating wrote:
Why can't you list the second DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf? Also you can specify multiple domains to search for base names in. EG:

/etc/resolv.conf:
search hq.pogolinux.com ks.pogolinux.com
nameserver 192.168.1.2
nameserver 192.168.2.2

On this system, one nic is .1 subnet, while the other nic is .2 subnet. One subnet is hq, the other is ks. Given that I listed both search domains, I can do things like "ping fred" and "ping barney" given that fred is on HQ and barney is on KS. Name lookups will work and things will be happy.

I've already tried that. It doesn't work. The first nameserver in resolv.conf is the only one that is queried. The other ones are only queried if the first is down, not when the first gives a negative answer.

Carlos