Re: Cooperative Bug Isolation Project

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 22:15, seth vidal wrote:

> > 5. Be on the leading edge of open source technology, by adopting and
> > helping develop new features [...].
> >

> proving ground does not sound like that to me, nevertheless I think the
> cooperative bug project sounds like a fast track to greater user
> confusion

I agree - it would need a lot of thought on presentation.  Probably the
right way to do it is as a modification to bug-buddy.  Have the
reporting disabled by default.  Then, if an application that has
instrumentation is included crashes, include an option in the dialog to
join the CBIP, either just for that particular application or for all of
them.

> and even LESS likelihood of being able to provide an upgrade
> path

I don't see how this would affect an upgrade path...