Re: Dependency hell

Russell Coker wrote:
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 05:43, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In the long run apt should probably run in it's own domain with suitable
restrictions on the methods etc... but this all raises the question:
How are 3rd party packages supposed to ship their own policy settings in
a sane manner?

I've added rpm_exec_t entries for the apt programs in my tree.

If we are going to have apt as a recommended program or if we have some setup with yum or up2date whereby one program gets the files and another does the install (similar to the apt-get/dpkg) then we could write policy to support/enforce that distinction.

However I expect apt to be phased out, so it's probably not worth doing.

apt will not be phased out.

Warren