Re: Forward looking to FC2 final and SELinux

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Apr  8, 2004, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What more do we gain by having permissive on instead of SELinux completely off?

file contexts are set correctly to some extent (aren't they?), so
switching to enforcing mode would be a shorter, not longer path.

However permissive has most of the performance overhead, but none of the security benefit of enforcing, right? I personally think the user should choose between off or on, and endure the lengthy process if they want to transition from off to on.

Warren