Re: Menu Editing in Gnome 2.6

Dan Williams wrote:
Furthermore, its not clear that right-clicking on the menus to delete
stuff is the best way to go about it...  There are at least two options,
(1) in-menu editing via contextual menus, and (2) a menu editing
application a la KDE.  There really hasn't been any discussion/
conclusion about which is the best path to take.

I would have to echo the sentiment expressed by the other reply. I certainly expect both #1 and #2 in a full featured desktop operating system. #1 is because users now have the expectation of being able to manipulate objects immediately by right-clicking and using the context menu options. #2 is for cases where more fine-grained control of multiple objects is needed, and can not be done easily and intuitively within the context of #1's user interface.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx