xorg x11 update problem

I tried installing the new xorg x11 packages from the fedora development directory and was almost successfull. Launching X11 works fine and everything looks just like with the xfree packages but when I try to click anywhere in the client area of a window or resize it I just manage to initiate a window dragging action. Hovering the mouse over a button highlights it but when I click I can only drag the window around on the screen. The window control widgets work fine though (close, minimize).
I have now removed the xorg packages and replaced them with the old xfree ones and the problem is no longer there.
Does anybody have an idea what might cause this?

Regards,
  Dennis