Re: Workstation WG meeting, 23 May (secretary: Neal)

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 10:39 AM Allan Day <aday@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The next meeting of the Fedora Workstation Working Group is planned for tomorrow, 23 May, at 10:00 AM EDT (14:00 UTC).
>
> Join link: https://meet.opensuse.org/FedoraWorkstationWG
>
> See below for a tentative agenda.
>
> Allan
> --
> Agenda
>
> #topic Consider stop shipping fedora-chromium-config by default
> #link https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/382
> What's the status of this?

Instead of ceasing to ship the `fedora-chromium-config` package, I've
split out the portions that cause the "Managed by your organization"
to pop up. (I finally gave up trying to convince Google to allow Linux
distribution modifications to avoid that note). The GSSAPI support is
vastly less important than it used to be, since nearly all of our
Fedora web applications have moved to OpenID Connect / SAML.

The end result here is that we'll continue to ship the desktop
integration extensions[1][2] but not the GSSAPI configuration.

[1] Gnome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gnome-shell-integration/gphhapmejobijbbhgpjhcjognlahblep
[2] KDE: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/plasma-integration/cimiefiiaegbelhefglklhhakcgmhkai