Re: Xorg issues on F38

On Tue, 2023-04-18 at 17:24 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded a few systems from F37 to F38 today and ran into some graphical glitches
> on my Xorg/NVIDIA system that were not occurring on F37. Wayland systems do not have
> the following issues.
>
> * Thunderbird title bar does not react to mouse clicks to raise focus.[1]
> * Same behavior seen in "mpv", VirtualBox, and a few other apps.
> * Libreoffice has two major problems.
>     1. When not focused, the window is not "fully" drawn and other windows flicker
> through it.
>     2. Mouse clicks are offset on the X and Y axis by about +50 pixels. Meaning
> clicking a Calc cell results in the Cell above and to the left being clicked instead.
> * Firefox or core Gnome applications do not have any graphical or behavior problems.
>
> Any one else encountering this?

Michael, I'm kinda assuming the update -
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-7ca5ef3bc9 - will
fix 1 but probably not 2. We'll probably need to track 2 down
separately. I'm, uh, not sure where to start out, but it might be a
mutter issue too - try reporting it upstream to mutter, I guess?
Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA