Bug in Software app?

I'm in the habit of running the Gnome Software updater when I power up and login every morning on my stone-stock and fully up-to-date F37 machines, as it generally sees a half-dozen updates on average every day.  I do not normally use the CLI dnf update mechanism, as it is more cumbersome.  I've been noticing lately when I switch to the updates panel, that it reports that everything is up-to-date, checked just now.  I have 4 machines exhibiting this same incorrect behaviour.  If I click the recheck button to check again, I see the updates that it is missing without manual intervention.  So, there is a faulty short-circuit somewhere in it, and there is clearly a bug in the normal update path in this package.

Is there an unreleased or in-test  fix for this defect?  Or am I the first reporter of this fault and a bugzilla is required?  How many people are missing critical security updates because of this fault?  Is this error corrected in F39?

--

John Mellor