Starting Flatpak SIG

Hi all,

I would like to kick of a Fedora Flatpak Packaging SIG that meets
regularly and has IRC meetings.

Our flatpaks have gotten some bad rep recently and I think for a good
reason. We don't have a lot of them and we only have a handful of people
working on them. We also have a fairly obvious conflict of interest with
Flathub and a bunch of Fedora people are doing flatpaks in Flathub
instead of Fedora and advocating against using Fedora flatpaks.

Here's an attempt to try to get more people involved :) The awkward
situation here is that I am not 100% convinced myself that we should
continue doing Fedora flatpaks, but maybe with a bit more organization
around this we can get some more eyes on the problem and solve some of
the issues.

Please put your name in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Flatpak if
you are interested and I'll try to organize a poll for a weekly meeting
time. I'd suggest to start the meetings on the second week of January
when the holidays are over.

I've added a few people to CC that I thought might be interested in this, but anyone that has interest in the area is more than welcome to join.

[Edit: the email got rejected from the mailing list due to too many recipients so I'm re-sending it without the CC list. The CC'd people hopefully got the message already.]

Some questions I have around organization: Can someone help register the
#fedora-flatpaks IRC channel under the Fedora umbrella? I am not sure
how to best do that. Does matrix need any special sauce to get a room?

What would be a good name for a pagure.io project?
pagure.io/fedora-flatpaks or pagure.io/fedora-flatpak-sig or
pagure.io/flatpak-sig or something else?

Do we need a mailing list? My initial gut feeling is no, but I'm
interested in what other people think.

If you reply to this, please make sure to reply to the
devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx post as I am cross-posting it to desktop@
as well.

--
Thanks,