About Dynamic triple buffering for GNOME

Hey all,

Yesterday evening, I saw Phoronix reporting that Debian is now going
to ship the triple buffering patches for Mutter[1] that are currently
stuck in review[2]. These patches have been shipped in Ubuntu for a
while now, and have given Ubuntu's GNOME experience a tremendous
performance improvement that we don't have.

>From my perspective, it's particularly embarrassing that not only is
the upstream GNOME merge request[2] stalled at this point with a
message more or less saying distros who want the improvements should
carry the patches[3], but that Debian is now carrying it to bring the
massive performance benefits to their users[1].

Looking at the merge request history, there hasn't been much in the
way of reviews recently for it[2] and its dependent MRs in almost a
year[4][5].

As I see that the upstream developers are the maintainers of the
packages in Fedora, I guess that pulling the patch into Fedora is out
of the question. Can anyone here help with the upstream reviews so we
can have this in Fedora? We shouldn't be leaving so much on the table
like this. :(

[1]: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Debian-Dynamic-Triple-GNOME
[2]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/merge_requests/1441
[3]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/merge_requests/1441#note_1543960