Re: Release criteria proposal: require GNOME Shell extension install/remove to work

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 3:35 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> === GNOME extensions ===
>
> On Fedora Workstation, it must be possible to install and remove
> extensions by visiting https://extensions.gnome.org in the default web
> browser, after installing the required browser extension.
>
> #####
>
> Do folks think this is important enough to block Final release on?

Assuming the desktop folks don't say "OMG there's no way we could
handle this", then I'm on board with making this a final criterion.
This is one of those "we'll get dragged in reviews if it doesn't work"
sorts of things.

The wording looks good to me. I'm trying to think of an escape hatch
we can give ourselves if it goes particularly sideways at some point,
but maybe the "difficult to fix" exception would be good enough.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His