Re: Aiming to change fedora background spec for Release 40

On Sun, Aug 07, 2022 at 01:41:57PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> What I was thinking is whether we could have one *source* package that
> generates all the binary packages (so one source for f34-backgrounds,
> f35-backgrounds, f36-backgrounds etc).
>
> Sure, it'd be quite big, but we have other big source packages. With
> smart use of macros it should be possible to set it up so you can just
> change one macro number to add a new source package for a new release,
> maybe...

Sure, but it would then update all those subpackages, so when we add
'f37-backgrounds' to it, all users who have f36-bacgrounds,
f35-background, f34-backgrounds, etc would need to update all of those,
even though nothing at all changed with them.

> We could also go back and look at all the ideas we've had in the past
> for improving things here, as we've definitely been over it before...

yeah, but I think we didn't come up with a real good answer. ;(

kevin