Fedora Workstation WG minutes, 2022-05-10

#fedora-meeting-2: Workstation WG (2022-05-10)

Meeting started by brainycmurf at 00:19:55 UTC. The full logs are
available at
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2022-05-11/workstation.2022-05-11-00.19.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Present members: Allan, Chris, Michael, Tomas, Matthias, Neal, Owen
  (brainycmurf, 00:20:08)
* Guests: Luna Jernberg (bittin), Ben Cotton, Jack Sedita, Nishant, Jens
  (2nd half)  (brainycmurf, 00:20:08)
* Regrets: Jens (1st half)  (brainycmurf, 00:20:08)
* Missing:  (brainycmurf, 00:20:08)
* Secretary: Neal  (brainycmurf, 00:20:08)
* Review the state of i18n and l10n  (brainycmurf, 00:20:08)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/267   (brainycmurf,
    00:20:10)

* Release blocking status of basic functionality tests for apps
  (brainycmurf, 00:20:14)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/304   (brainycmurf,
    00:20:16)
  * ACTION: Clarify timings for testing the upcoming GNOME release. Put
    a reminder in our own schedule so we check that the packages are
    available when they're supposed to be.  (brainycmurf, 00:20:43)

* Appoint a chair for the F37 cycle  (brainycmurf, 00:20:55)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/308   (brainycmurf,
    00:20:57)

* grub: Show old kernels under a "advanced options"submenu
  (brainycmurf, 00:21:05)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/282   (brainycmurf,
    00:21:07)
  * ACTION: Chris will reach out to GRUB upstream to figure out if it's
    possible to improve SB multiboot. Ticket should be closed as
    deferred to upstream.  (brainycmurf, 00:21:14)

* Howdy integration  (brainycmurf, 00:21:17)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/272   (brainycmurf,
    00:21:19)

* In Repository Gnome Shell Extesions Need Some TLC  (brainycmurf,
  00:21:23)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/254   (brainycmurf,
    00:21:25)

* Announcements, Status Updates  (brainycmurf, 00:21:29)
  * The minutes from last week have been posted.  (brainycmurf,
    00:21:43)
  * LINK:
    https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/workstation/workstation.2022-05-03-17.27.log.html
    (brainycmurf, 00:21:45)

Meeting ended at 00:21:47 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* Clarify timings for testing the upcoming GNOME release. Put a reminder
  in our own schedule so we check that the packages are available when
  they're supposed to be.
* Chris will reach out to GRUB upstream to figure out if it's possible
  to improve SB multiboot. Ticket should be closed as deferred to
  upstream.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Clarify timings for testing the upcoming GNOME release. Put a
    reminder in our own schedule so we check that the packages are
    available when they're supposed to be.
  * Chris will reach out to GRUB upstream to figure out if it's possible
    to improve SB multiboot. Ticket should be closed as deferred to
    upstream.

People Present (lines said)
* brainycmurf (47)
* zodbot (7)