2021-10-08 @ 16:00 UTC - Special Fedora QA Meeting: Wireplumber Decision

# Special Fedora Quality Assurance Meeting
# Date: 2021-10-08
# Time: 16:00 UTC (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto)
# Location: #fedora-meeting on irc.libera.chat

Greetings testers! Well, this is exciting. I've been doing this job for
approximately eleventy billion years, but I think this is the first
time I'm going to run a special meeting!

Today FESCo considered[0] a proposal[1] to trigger the contingency plan
on the Fedora 35 Wireplumber change[2], which would mean going back to
pipewire's own simple session manager. The decision they reached was
that they'd give the maintainers until Friday to make improvements to
Wireplumber, and on Friday, we (QA) get to decide if we think it's good
enough to be shipped for Final. If by Friday we think it's not going to
be in good enough shape for release, we'll immediately revert to the
simple session manager - the changes to do so will be prepared and
ready to go if necessary.

This meeting will be at 16:00 UTC, which is 9am timezone, to give me
enough time to check in on the status of all the bugs before we get
started.

Anyone interested is welcome to attend, and I expect we'll make the
decision by rough consensus without worrying too hard about bureaucracy
or who's allowed to have an opinion. If it somehow turns out to be
especially controversial I'll try and come up with a voting system on
the fly, if it gets really bad we can bounce it back to FESCo.

== Proposed Agenda Topics ==

1. Should we revert to the simple session manager, or stick with Wireplumber?

[0] https://meetbot-raw.fedoraproject.org/teams/fesco/fesco.2021-10-04-19.03.html
[1] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2670
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/WirePlumber
--