Re: Anyone know offhand why rdma-core is on the Workstation live image?

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 2:06 PM Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 2:02 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This only happened to come up because of a multilib glitch, but I'm
> > wondering why rdma-core is on the default Workstation image. It seems
> > unlikely that any of our users have Infiniband on their desktops.
>
> My guess: it's brought in by multipathd which is brought in by anaconda.

OK that is not correct...

I can remove rdma-core with impunity, nothing else gets removed. And
yet it's not in comps. Weak dependency?

It appears not related to librdmacm. When I try to remove that with
dnf, it tries to remove gnome-boxes, qemu, et al.

--
Chris Murphy