Re: socializing upcoming GNOME UI changes?

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 at 23:02, Allan Day <aday@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx <pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    Just out of curiosity. How do we do Gnome's usability testing? i.e. Whenever new changes are implemented.
>    I remember during Devconf.CZ 2016 or 2017, few volunteers were carrying out Gnome's usability testing.

I think the best thing to do would be to coordinate with upstream in
advance of any tests, to ensure that the things you run tests on are
going to receive attention. No point in testing a UI that's unlikely
to get touched! Ideally we'd be able to integrate testing into the
design and development process itself, so we're testing prototypes or
development versions, maybe even in some kind of iterative
test/redesign/retest pattern.

Agree with you, it should be part of the Upstream process itself.

Just let me know if you want to pursue this - I can help.

As of now, no plans. But I will definitely reach out to you, in case any plans around it.

Thanks,
Pravin

Allan