GNOME 3.37.92 megaupdate landing in testing and tracker3 coming

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up that the 3.37.92 megaupdate is all lined up and
queued to F33 updates-testing:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-7f57486c95

This is likely not going to be pushed through the beta freeze, so next
week I'll prepare a final .0 release to replace/obsolete the .92 bodhi
update.

I'll talk to QA and see how they feel about pulling the .92 update
through the beta freeze now that the beta is delayed anyway, but I think
the base scenario is that we ship beta without this.

The megaupdate also includes new parallel installable tracker3 and
tracker3-miners packages. The naming here was difficult but in the end
we ended up keeping tracker 2 in the existing 'tracker' package and
creating a new 'tracker3' package that's parallel installable with the
old one. This makes it easy to port packages over one by one. In F34
perhaps we can drop tracker 2 and get rid of the separate tracker3
package; let's see how fast app porting goes.

In default Fedora Workstation, we'll have both 'tracker' and 'tracker3'
installed by default, but only tracker3 FS miners are going to be
started at session login; tracker 2 miners are autostarted when an app
requires them. Everything in the default install is ported to tracker3,
with the exception of gnome-photos where the upstream port didn't get
ready in time.

(I've cross posted this to devel and desktop lists both.)

--
Kalev