Re: F32 Beta: Cursor hot point mis-positioned under Wayland

Hi,

On 3/18/20 12:11 PM, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:56 AM Milan Crha <mcrha@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mcrha@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Wed, 2020-03-18 at 11:44 +0100, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
     > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/1092 or
     > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/1094 maybe?

    no HiDPI involved here, just the opposite, a virtual machine with
    1024x768. I see it on both rawhide and Fedora 32. If it's not GNOME (as
    one of your bug reports suggests), against what do I file it in Fedora,
    please?

Sorry, I did not imply that the problem was not with GNOME, I just pointed out existing reports in mutter in case they matched your issue.

FWIW, I am running GNOME Shell on Wayland on a 1024×768 screen on bare metal (old laptop) on F32 and I cannot reproduce that issue.

So In just checked and I can still reproduce this. I'm pretty sure this
is actually a mutter issue, this seems to be a classic cursor hotspot
issue. It seems that as soon as the hotspot is not 0x0 there are problems
when running mutter 3.36.0 as Wayland compositor in a VM.

I've added some more detailed observations to:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/1094

Which seems to be exactly this issue.

Regards,

Hans