Re: Workstation WG minutes, 25 Feb

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 8:35 AM Allan Day <aday@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Fedora Workstation Working Group had a meeting this week, on 25 February 2020. See meetbot for the summary or full minutes:
>
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2020-02-26/workstation.2020-02-26-15.23.html

Re: Updated meeting procedures (aday_, 15:24:10)

This is what I said in the meeting (pretty close anyway):

Meetings should be as inclusive as possible. I like the banter and
enthusiasm, however I'm inconsistent with establishing who has the
floor, and this leads to interruptions. The video latency also
contributes to people sometimes just drowning each other out.

A. The issue(s) owner, or interested party, will summarize the topic.
~ 1-2 minutes
B. Each person gets the floor for ~1 minute to state their position,
make recommendations, express concern or disagreement, ask questions.
C. The issue owner gets to go first. And then per this order: Jens,
Kalev, Langdon, Mattias, Michael, Neal, Owen, Tomas, Allan, Guests,
Chris. And then repeat as required to progress the topic.
D. Q&A interactivity is important, the person who has the floor can
direct questions to anyone or to the group as a whole, and the answer
time won't be counted against anyone.

The intent is to give the person who has the floor no unsolicited
interruptions, but also the discretion to have the discussion they
want to have during their time.

--
Chris Murphy